The Bank of Coushatta was founded in Coushatta in 1897. It has grown and increased service to the area many times over. The original bank building survived the great fire of 1918. It is the only structure from old Coushatta on the river that survives to this day.
Today the bank makes another major growth stride. Here is the bank’s announcement:
SHREVEPORT, LA — James G. Bethard, Chariman of the Board, Jerry Glover, President, Joel Ossmann, Vice President, Shreveport location, directors, employees, and customers of Bank of Coushatta, will join together on Wednesday, September 26, at 11 o’clock for a groundbreaking ceremony at the site of the new Bank of Coushatta Shreveport branch at 9391 Ellerbe Road.
Approvals were granted for the Shreveport branch earlier this summer by the FDIC and OFI. The branch is scheduled to open in early 2019.
On July 30, 1897 the Bank of Coushatta was chartered and opened for business in the Town of Coushatta, located then on the East bank of the Red River. Over the past 120 years the bank has grown and evolved along with the town of Coushatta and is now located at 1525 Ringgold Avenue. In November 2015 the Bank of Coushatta expanded into the Shreveport market when they opened a Loan Production Office located on Fern Avenue.
The new Shreveport branch will allow the bank continued growth and will offer Shreveport customers services such as deposit and savings accounts, personal loans, business loans, debit cards, and mobile banking which allows access to your accounts from anywhere at any time.
For more information about the new Shreveport location of Bank of Coushatta visit our website at http://www.theboc.com or call us at 318-932-3491.