Low-income households in Red River Parish may be eligible for funds dedicated to assist eligible low-income households in Red River Parish. Walk Ins will be accepted on July 10, 2018 at Red River Council On Aging, 1824 Front Street in Coushatta. Applications will be accepted between 8:30AM-Noon. The program is administered in Red River Parish by the DeSoto Parish Office of Community Services.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. PLEASE SEE THE LIST OF REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION BELOW.
An eligible household is one whose total income is at or below the levels listed in the table below and who have not received a previous benefit within the past six months. Applicants MUST provide, at a minimum, the following documentation at the time the application is taken:
(1) Copies of each household member’s social security cards
(2) Proof of income for all household members. If you are employed, you will be asked to provide your last four consecutive check stubs. If you have unearned income, you will be asked to provide your income for 2016.
(3) A copy of an energy bill (must be within the last 6 months)
(4) A current LA ID or driver’s license for all household members 18 and older.
(5) Another document which was mailed to the applicant at the service address indicated on the energy bill and which lists the same address as the service address on the energy bill.
(6) If you rent you must bring your lease showing utility allowances and reimbursements. If it is determined additional documentation is required, the applicant will be notified at the time of application. Households reporting Zero Income must provide additional documentation. All information provided is subject to verification. Intentional misrepresentation of information may result in criminal prosecution of the applicant and anyone assisting in the misrepresentation.
Applications are taken by appointment only. To schedule an appointment, you may call: 318-872-0880 or 1-800-872-0889.
Per household per month