By Steve Graf
Of the four seasons, Fall is the best time of year for me to wet a hook. Here are my reasons why:
- Bass are very aggressive and feeding heavily.
- You can power fish (spinnerbaits, crankbaits, top water & buzzbaits) Fish are hitting just about anything that moves and fattening up for the winter.
- You don’t have to deal with 90-to-100-degree days.
- No sweat dripping off the end of your nose or down your shorts.
- It just feels awesome and refreshing to be out on the water with cooler temperatures. Great way to rejuvenate your mind and body.
- You pretty much have the lake to yourself. (All the hunters are in the woods)
- It’s a great time to experiment and try new baits and techniques.
- I am basically fun fishing and not trying to get ready for a tournament. (Now that’s nice!!!)
- Great time to put the past fishing season behind you and get ready for next year.
- Gives me time to think what I want for Christmas!!!
- But nothing is better than being out on the water with fall colors as leaves turn yellow, blood red and orange. GOD IS GOOD!!!!
It’s also a great time to introduce a youngster to the outdoors and fishing. Not having to battle the elements and Mother Nature, will allow a kid to see that fishing is fun. Advice….keep it fun and don’t stay too long. You want to leave the water with the youngster wanting more. Good luck, good fishing and don’t forget to set the hook.
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE