Head House Keeping position now open.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous housekeeping experience required
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional dress and demeanor
- Friendly personality and able to interact with hotel guests and staff
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to organize and record information
- Ability to read, write and speak English language
- To oversee the functioning of the Housekeeping Staff, ensuring that work is completed in an accurate, timely, and efficient manner
- To plan, organize, and develop the overall operation of the housekeeping department
- Ensure the highest quality of guest care is maintained at all times
- Position is a salaried, full time position with a heavy emphasis on weekends and the expectation of being on call at all times.
- Obtain list of vacant rooms which need to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check outs in order to prepare work assignments.
- Assigns housekeepers their duties and inspects sleeping rooms, bathrooms, hallways, common areas, elevators, stairwells (i.e. inspects overall cleanliness of hotel). All areas of the hotel must be clean, hygienic, attractive, and orderly.
- Updates room status’s in the property management system (PMS)
- Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies and linen.
- Promotes a culture of extraordinary service to guests throughout the property. Instills 100% guest satisfaction objective in hourly associates
- Investigates complaints regarding housekeeping service and equipment and takes corrective action.
- Recruits qualified applicants. Trains and/or monitors employees in accordance with Company standards.
- Responsible for writing employee schedules in accordance with business levels.
- Motivates and gives direction to hourly employees.
- Conducts coaching/counseling sessions; performance evaluations; prepares performance improvement plans, disciplinary documentation; conducts terminations.
- Conducts orientation training of new employees to explain Company policies, housekeeping and laundry procedures, and demonstrates correct use and maintenance of equipment.
- Monitor the appearance, standards and performance of the Housekeeping Team with an emphasis on training and teamwork
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee will be required to clean rooms as needed to ensure timely release of clean inventory to the front desk.
How to Apply:
Online: CAREER SITE
or send resume directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org