For Immediate Release September 22, 2023
The STATE FAIR of LOUISIANA Announces New Admission and Visitor Policies.
Every year, the State Fair of Louisiana has two goals: to provide high quality, fun family entertainment and a safe experience. This year, we are making changes to ensure our visitors’ safety. After conferring with State Fairs around the country, we have added more Best Practices to our existing safety features, which include:
• A large, continuous presence of Shreveport Police Officers and Security Officers.
• Metal Detection at State Fair entrances. Patrons and their possessions are subject to search.
• Weapons restrictions. Remember that Weapons (Concealed Carry or Open Carry) are not allowed on fairgrounds property even if you are a Concealed Weapons Permit holder. Law enforcement with credentials is the only exception.
-NEW- This year, surveillance cameras will be operating throughout the fairgrounds 24 hours a day for the duration of the fair.
-NEW- After 6 pm Minors Policy. During the 2023 State Fair of Louisiana beginning at 6:00 p.m. daily, all minors under the age of 18 attempting to enter the Fair must be accompanied by a parent, guardian, or chaperone who is 21+.
-A single parent, guardian, or chaperone may accompany no more than 6 minors under the age of 18. Groups larger than 6 individuals under the age of 18 will require additional chaperones.
-The State Fair will require all accompanying parent, guardian, and chaperone (21+) to present a valid ID upon entry starting at 6:00 p.m. daily. The parent, guardian, or chaperone is not required to remain with the minors while on the grounds, but the parent, guardian or chaperone must remain at the fair. Unaccompanied minors under the age of 18 on the State Fairgrounds after 6 pm each day will be removed, and parent or guardian called to pick them up.
Organized and ticketed group outings, such as school, church, corporate, and other pre-scheduled group visits are exempt from the policy if they have established chaperone policies and practices already in place.
-NEW- Approved Bags/Carry-In Items
• Bags brought into the Fair can be no larger than 9”x 10”x 12”. Larger bags will need to be returned to a vehicle before entering.
• Medically necessary items will be allowed with proper inspection.
• Diaper bags can accompany a baby with proper inspection.
• Soft sided coolers for infants/family or to accommodate dietary needs will be allowed with proper inspection.
• All bags will be subject to search upon arrival and entry. Any bags or carry items that do not meet the approved criteria must be returned to vehicles.
Please visit our website for more details. www.statefairoflouisiana.com