Northwestern State University’s culinary arts and hospitality management and tourism students are bringing back the Columns Café and will feature a Parisian style shrimp dinner. Dine-in meals will be served beginning at 6:00 pm Thursday September 30th in Room 225 of the HMT Building.
The dine-in menu will feature:
- Appetizer – Salmon rose with domestic caviar, deviled eggs and potato pancakes
- Soup du four – French onion soup
- Salad – Fresh green bean and melon
- Entrée – Parisian style shrimp – Fresh Gulf shrimp sautéed with butter, white wine, fresh herbs, roasted tomatoes and roasted garlic. Topped with fresh goat cheese with toasted French bread
- Dessert – Warm yeast doughnuts, mixed berry compote, vanilla crème Anglaise, almond tuile
- Bread & butter – Sourdough with herbed butter
The September 30th meal will be sponsored by Louisiana Seafood, who will provide fresh Louisiana shrimp for the featured entrée. The cost is $45. To pre-purchase tickets, visit eventbrite.com/e/nsu-culinary-arts-parisian-style-shrimp-tickets-169639260595
The Columns Café is student-run with seasonal, locally sourced meals prepared in the culinary arts lab and served by students. The Café provides students with experiential learning in the logistics and teamwork required to plan, prepare and serve a formal dinner. All proceeds go towards support of HMT students and academic programming.
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE