Flag Worn or Torn? Retire it Properly

What do you do with your American flag after it becomes torn, worn, or faded? Proper disposal of flags that are no longer serviceable is available locally. Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 7287 collects old flags and disposes of them. 

If your flag needs retiring, take it to the collection box located at Randy’s Hardware on Highway 71. The box is accessible during Randy’s business hours. 

The Coushatta VFW Post had a surplus mail box refurbished and painted by a custom paint shop in Bossier City several years ago. Randy’s Hardware donated space on the store’s front porch to mount it. Most flags fit through the opening in the box. If it is too large, Randy will hold it and notify the VFW Post. 

Proper disposal of retired US flags is a community service offered by the local Veterans of Foreign Wars and Auxiliary. For information, call the post at 318-932-6557.

Leave a Reply