As Halloween quickly approaches, Sheriff Edwards would like to offer several trick-or-treating tips to help keep your family safe while you are enjoying the fun and festivities.
• Always trick-or-treat with an adult
• Wear bright colors and stay in well-lit areas
• Dispose of any unwrapped candy
• Look both ways before crossing the street
• Always take your time and be safe
• Put electronic devices away and walk, don’t run
• Don’t eat candy until an adult has checked it out
• Don’t go into the house of a stranger
• Don’t accept rides from strangers
• Don’t wear costumes that restrict your vision
• Don’t go anywhere that you do not feel safe
• Drivers, slow down and be alert for children in the area
Have a Safe and Happy Halloween!