The Red River Parish School Board is seeking to fill the position of Educational Diagnostician. Must have a valid certification as Educational Diagnostician, according to Louisiana Department of Education (Bulletin 746). The job goal of this job will be to accurately assess the educational needs of students and function as a member of a multidisciplinary team in accordance with guidelines set forth in Bulletin 1508 and regulations implementing LRS 17:1941 et.seq.
- To explain and interpret the educational assessment services and assessments finds to parents, teachers, principals and other members of the school system.
- To assist teachers and other personnel in the design and implementation of educational and behavioral interventions for referred students.
- To serve as assessment team leader.
- To evaluate as a member of the system multi-disciplinary team.
- To function as evaluation coordinator for designated referred students.
- To function as Support Service Provider for designated non-exceptional students.
- To serve as a liaison to designated School Building Level Committees.
- To participate in special education eligibility determinations and IEP staffing.
- To serve as a resource person at conferences and in-service meetings in matters within the expertise of the school Educational Diagnostician.
- To cooperate and coordinate with the community and community agencies to deliver services to students.
- To maintain accurate case records on all students regarding their referrals, evaluations and any other services provided by the assessment teacher in accordance with the requirements of parish, state, federal laws, regulations and/or policies.
- To provide a written report of any educational assessment or other services provided to students.
- To attend staff, professional and inter-agency meetings including those assigned.
- To keep abreast of new developments in the areas of school assessment teachers and keep appropriate school personnel informed of the same.
- To complete all required reports of the parish and State Department of Education within timelines.
- Meet the Professional Development requirements of Bulletin 1525.
You may apply on our website rrbulldogs.com or you may pick up an application at the School Board Office.
If you have any questions, you may contact Nicole Eason at 318-271-3150.
Nicole M. Eason
Red River Parish School Board
Human Resources Department
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE