It may be as late as Monday night before all customers in Red River Parish have electric service restored. Here is the Thursday afternoon update.
1:15 p.m. Feb. 18, 2021 — SWEPCO workers and contractors early Thursday began checking on damage and mobilizing crews to restore service to the 22,600 customers without power.
“As we saw the forecast for ice move south, we positioned workers in Shreveport, Natchitoches and Center. These line, tree and support workers are out assessing damaging and restoring power,” said Drew Seidel, SWEPCO vice president of Region Distribution Operations.
SWEPCO has 1,500 internal and external resources working in our hardest-hit areas. Additional crews called to help SWEPCO were unable to reach our staging areas due to hazardous road conditions.
The areas most affected by the winter storm include DeSoto, Natchitoches and Sabine parishes and Shelby County, Texas.
SWEPCO estimates power will be restored for 95% of customers by the following times:
- Caddo and Bossier parishes – 10 p.m. Friday
- Center, Texas – 10 p.m. Friday
- Bienville, DeSoto, Grant, Natchitoches, Red River, Sabine, Vernon, Webster and Winn parishes – 10 p.m. Monday
Thousands of customers will see service restored each day. Restoration in heavily-damaged areas will continue into next week.
Mike Waters in the Martin area shared this update from SWEPCO for the Martin area:
MARTIN, LA 71019. Power will be restored by approximately 10:00 PM on February 19, 2021.
Others in Red River Parish are receiving notice from SWEPCO that their power will not be restored until as late as 10:00 pm on Sunday, February 22nd.
Their update at 3:00 pm Thursday said most CLECO customers in the town of Coushatta will have their power back by sunset. Here is the text of that update:
3 P.M. UPDATE: Cleco has restored power to nearly 18,000 customers of the 43,000 who lost power from the second winter storm. Roughly 25,000 customers remain without power.
Below are estimated times for restoration (ETR). More ETRs will be communicated as they become available. Unexpected damage or inclement weather could impact restoration efforts and timelines.
• Woodworth: Power will be restored to customers inside the city limits today. This includes the Coulee Crossing subdivision. There will be a small number of customers without power overnight.
• Glenmora & Forest Hill: Crews are working in these towns, but some customers will be without power overnight.
Acadia Parish: Power has been restored to all customers who can receive power. Customers without power should report an outage.
• Kinder, Oberlin – Power restored to all customers who can receive power. Customers without power should report an outage.
• Oakdale – Power restored to 60 percent of customers; remaining 40 percent will be without power overnight.
• Bunkie – Power restored to some customers. There will be some customers without power overnight.
• Marksville, Hessmer, Simmesport, Bordelonville, Moreauville – Damage assessment is still underway.
• Ville Platte, Eunice, Mamou and Pine Prairie – Power restored to all customers. Customers without power in these towns should report an outage.
• Chicot State Park will be out overnight. There is significant tree damage in this area.
St. Landry Parish: Power restored to all customers who can receive power. Customers without power in Acadia Parish should report an outage.
Beauregard Parish: Power will be restored to the majority of customers by tonight (Thursday).
Calcasieu Parish: Power restored to all customers who can receive power it. Customers without power should report an outage.
DeSoto Parish: Power will be restored to the majority of customers by tonight (Thursday).
• Power will be restored to the majority of customers by tonight.
• Port of Natchitoches – Power has been restored.
Red River Parish: Power will be restored to the majority of Coushatta customers by tonight (Thursday).
Sabine Parish: Power will be restored to customers inside the city limits of Many, Zwolle & Converse by tonight.
Vernon Parish: Power will be restored to all customers by tonight.
Power Outages as of 3 p.m.:
Allen Parish: 452
Avoyelles Parish: 6,551
Beauregard Parish: 33
Catahoula Parish: 24
DeSoto Parish: 335
Evangeline Parish: 1,299
Grant Parish: 1,788
LaSalle Parish: 11
Natchitoches Parish: 382
Rapides Parish: 11,051
Red River Parish: 98
Sabine Parish: 2,925
St. Mary Parish: 11
St. Tammany Parish: 15
Vernon Parish: 34